Membership has its benefits.
Join or renew your membership today!
Benefits of Membership
The mission of the PA Academy of Vermont is to promote quality, cost-effective, and accessible health care to the people of Vermont and to support the professional growth of PAs.
Founded in the mid-seventies, the PAAV is the voice of PAs in Vermont.
What we do:
- Represent Vermont PAs on issues of legislative, regulatory and professional relevance around the state of Vermont. In 2012, we improved PA licensure in the state, and in 2019 we are actively lobbying for further improvements to Vermont’s PA practice laws.
- Forge and maintain partnerships/working relationships with other health professional organizations on a national, regional and statewide level.
- Actively work to improve the professional and regulatory environment for PA practice in Vermont and nationwide. Every year PAAV board members represent Vermont during the American Academy of PA’s advocacy day on Capitol Hill in Washington, DC, meeting with our Senators and Representative to educate them about our profession and ask them to support Federal legislation supporting PA practice.
- Monitor and improve the reimbursement environment in the state and nationally.
- Provide membership with regular opportunities for CME that are pertinent to the clinical practice of Vermont PAs.